Friday 26 November 2021

๐Ÿ€ MORE WRITING! ๐Ÿ€

 Back to school!

This is my first post since I have been back to school. It is about what we have been doing for writing. I wrote mine from the point of view of the raven. It was based of some pictures my teacher set us towrite about. Have you doen a similar type of writing? Hope you enjoy!

Session 1

WALT vary our sentences

Resources: Modelling book / Thesaurus 


Motivation:

Paragraph:

Day 1: The  Forbidden Tower

Time was running out! They only had a matter of minutes.

Flying through the dark airy night, I make it my mission to reach the top of the dark  tower to find the key. The moon shone like a giant star, the sun of the night. All the light was the moon and was slowly floating behind a cloud. The light was dimmed, I tried to find my way in the dark. I swoop as the moon comes out from its curtain. I flew into the deadly tower, through the window, which was hanging off its hinges. The deserted room only has a small pocket watch. I searched and searched with my big raven beak. Nothing. I am sure I saw it up there this morning! Then I heard the low creaking of the stairs… I could not go and explore. I glided onto the miniature clock and check it.  Time was running out! I only had a matter of minutes. I slowly closed my eyes, so tired…


Day 2: The Golden Key

She had been chasing it all day. Now, the crow had it.

I woke up curled up on the watch. I am still in the tilting tower. I bent down to check the clock, I only had 10 more seconds. I pecked one of my feathers to check that it is not a dream, I opened my eyes back up. Nothing had changed but now I only had 3 seconds. I shut my eyes again waiting for the disaster that I had been dreading for all this time. 3…2 I hear shuffling… 1, I hand clutches the watch. I struggle to stay put, then I see it, the key, on the hand’s wrist. I  drag it off!  I had been chasing it all night. Now, I had it! The world had vanished, the hand had dissolved. I was stunned, I had got the key? Why did it happen? Then I realised, I was a sparrow! My  big raven beak was shrunken,  just like the rest of me. The key still hanging from my mouth I jump down from the giant pocket watch. There was a crunch from under my feet, crispy, flakey leaves covered the floor. The end of the room, nowhere. I had not got it in time, I had shrunk and the world was finished. Everyone was stuck in a never ending room, tiny and defenseless. Finished for good, I had to fix the pocket watch! After a while it starts ticking again. Relieved, I continue to the end of my journey. I am extremely  sleepy. Tomorrow, I will get  to the edge of the world!

Day 3: The Edge of the World

She embarked on a journey across the ocean.  

I had to get to the edge of the world, the adventurer would be there already but I had the watch and the key! I could get there and unlock the door to home, my home, the world. I carefully hook my legs on the chain of the pocket watch, I will need it to get to the end of the world because of the security. With the key gleaming in my beak, I struggle to fly. Finally I get the hang of it and start glideing away from the leaves to the only exit of this awful world. 


After what felt like an eternity, I arrived at a miniature  spot of brown. I had to dig to get to the door, my Dad left all my instructions. I drop the watch anxiously and start to dig. Leaf after leaf, crumbling as I move them. Soon I have made a tunnel in the leaves. A tenny door is revealed, it has two holes. One was a circle 2x as big as me,  the second a teensy lock. I know what to do. I grab the watch and shove it into the biggest of the holes. Then I gently fly and put the glistening key into it and the door swings open! I jump through, I have nothing  else to do. If I get out of this world, then everyone will come. I embark on a journey across the ocean, like an adventurer through a forest, like a fish swimming through the ocean.

I was gone…




The end


No comments:

Post a Comment